Color Dare #403 - Browns + 2 Colors
Welcome to my blog, Paper Crafting With Rebecca! In order to maintain this blog, this page may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase after clicking my links. Thank you for your support!
Time flies, even in these times of "social distancing". We have been getting some much needed work done around the house (a new toilet, a new water heater, painting in the garage, etc.) so there is that to be thankful for, however, I am still happiest when I can put all the "house stuff" behind me and simply sit and create in my craft area.
For today I decided to join in on the fun of another Color Dare! Here is the link if you would like to check out the rules, see the other entries, or join in the fun by entering a project yourself!
As the link says, the challenge is to use browns and only two colors in the project (not counting the black and white). For my two colors I am using a tiny bit of bronze ink and a Close to my Heart (CTMH) retired color (Pomegranate) but I could just as easily have used Sangria instead of the pomegranate and ended up with a similar effect.
I started out by cutting my brown Kraft Paper to 8.5" x 5.5". I then used a die from my stash to die cut both ends before folding the card so the ends would meet in the middle.
Next I cut out a piece of White Daisy Cardstock to 5.25" x 4". On this I stamped my sentiment using a stamp from With Heartfelt Sympathy (D919)
Once that was completed I started work on my card band. Once again I used my White Daisy Cardstock to cut a strip 1.25" wide and long enough to wrap around my card with enough of an overlap to adhere the ends together (approximately 9" long). I used my card as a guide to adhere the ends together so I would have a band that slides easily over the card but does not fall off.
Next, using a scrap piece of Kraft Paper I die cut a piece to use as the "base" for my embellishments and outside band sentiment. You can use any die shape you want to as most of it will be covered up by the embellishments.
Once I had these pieces completed (the band and Kraft die cut) I put them together using some Tombow Permanent Adhesive and included some black/white ribbon I had in my stash. I thought this ribbon went well with the die cut of the card.
Now for a few embellishments. I created three flowers from some scrap pieces of black cardstock and a few scrap pieces of the white cardstock using a punch I've had in my stash forever! I also used the pomegranate ink and my retired Z4172 Stamp + Thin Cuts set for flower centers. I carefully painted some bronze ink inside the flower centers (I felt the bronze complemented the brown better than a yellowish gold.)
After I had all the flowers built I attached them to my band. I wasn't real happy with how dark the flowers looked... so I added some shimmer using my Gold Shimmer Brush onto the black petals and that made all the difference!
So that is my completed card! Thank you for reading my blog today and if you have any questions please be sure to leave them for me in the comments below.
Happy Paper Crafting,