Card: Quilted Birthday
Sometimes it is fun to make a card which requires patience and this card meets that criteria. My friend loves to quilt and gifted me a beautiful quilt a couple of years ago, so I decided to make her a birthday card quilt of paper! First I gathered supplies...
Paper: I chose a variety of 20 printed cardstock and paper scraps to make the quilt blocks with. The card base is made of white cardstock cut to 11" x 4.25" and a white piece cut 5" x 3.75" to glue the quilt squares to. I used a black piece of cardstock cut 5.25" x 4". Lastly, a strip of vellum cut 4.5" long (the width depends on the sentiment you want to use... simply allow about 0.25" clearance over and under the sentiment.)
Inks: VersaMark and Tombow Dual Brush Pens.
Other supplies: Embossing Powder (Black), quilt block stamps, Tombow Adhesive and a small sharp scissors.
- Stamp a different quilt square on the 20 different patterned paper scraps with the VersaMark and emboss with the black embossing powder.
- Use the Tombow Dual Brush Pens to highlight each of the 20 quilt squares.
- Cut out the little quilt squares and glue them in the pattern shown below onto the 5" x 3.75" piece of white cardstock.
- Stamp your sentiment on the vellum with the VersaMark and black heat emboss it.
- Attach the sentiment across the quilt squares by folding the end flaps to the back of the cardstock and attaching the vellum on the backside only with the Tomboy Adhesive (this keeps the adhesive from showing).
- Now attach the cardstock with the quilt squares centered onto the black cardstock.
- Lastly, attach the black layer to the card base.
Now you can either stamp a sentiment inside the card or write a personalized sentiment, or both! I also like making the envelope to match the card. I stamped and colored a few scattered quilt squares on the back of the envelope and one on the front and then colored them in using the Tombow Dual Brush Pens.
If you don't have quilt stamps, you can make your own quilt squares using any square stamp and some creative custom coloring or Washi tape. Use this card for inspiration and have fun!
Thank you for visiting my blog. If you have any questions or comments then please do leave them below. I love seeing what ideas or comments you have.
Happy Paper Crafting,