Is It a Card or a Book?!
Welcome to my blog, Paper Crafting With Rebecca! In order to maintain this blog, this page may contain affiliate links and I will be compensated (at no added cost to you) if you make a purchase after clicking my links. Thank you for your support!
I had a comment on a previous video titled Score One for "No-Die" Spines! asking me if I had a video that showed how to make a card-book in more detail... so here is that video!
Please remember, you can make your own size and design of card-book out of paper or cardstock you already own... but if you want to make one the same size as mine, here are the measurements I used.
- Cover Cardstock - 11.75" wide and 8.25" tall, fold each end in so you end up with a cover that is 10.75" wide and 8.25" tall. Draw a pencil line down the center (approximately 5.875" from each edge.
- Spine - 6.26" wide by 8" tall, scored as follows:
- 0.5"- 0.25"- 0.5"-0.5"- 0.25"- 0.5"- 0.5"- 0.25"- 0.5- 0.5"- 0.25"- 0.5"- 0.5"- 0.25"
- Spine reinforcement strip - 1.5" x 8"
- Inside cover (2 pieces) 4.25" x 8"
- Inside pages are 8.5" x 8" folded in half to be 4.25" x 8"
Again, for a more detailed explanation of making just the spine (or to see a different style of card-book) please check out my Score One for "No Die" Spines! video as I go into more detail about spines in that video.
As for the pockets and embellishments, I generally "wing it" with what paper sizes I have or what I want to make to embellish the card-book. This card-book required that I create a lot of pockets and storage nooks, but other card-books may be designed to hold pictures, or journaling, tell a story, or send sentiments... it is all up to you and your own creativity! For the card-book in this video... here are some additional measurements:
- The flowered cardstock and matching card-toppers are from Kanban Crafts.
- My scoring board is a Scor-Buddy Mini.
- My ready-made purple bow can be found at 200 pcs 1.5" Satin Bow.
- The filigree die is an Anna Griffin die, the butterfly dies are so old I have forgotten where I bought them. The round petal-like dies on the last page are from Crafter's Companion.
- The adhesive tape I use the most is Angel Crafts Acid-Free Double Sided Tape
- I love my Nuvo Glitter Drops