Let's Create a Fast and Easy Scrapbook Page!
Welcome to Paper Crafting With Rebecca! I am so happy you are joining me today. For today's blog entry I want to highlight an easy scrapbook page that utilizes beautiful patterned papers and is fairly fast to pull together.
First you might want to see it all come together in this video...
Now for some of the details and (in some cases) measurements...
- The base page is a regular 12" x 12" sheet of patterned paper.
- The photos are 4" x 6", not matted, but I left the white border on them.
- The blue patterned piece and the green piece that I stitched to the base page could have been any large size I had available. For this page the blue piece is 6" x 9.25" and the green piece is 10" x 8". No matter what size you use, the key is to leave at least a one inch border of the base page visible around the outer edges... but any large coordinating sheets of paper will do.
- I chose to stitch the major components down with white thread, but I could have used an adhesive to adhere the papers and then drawn on the stitch marks with a white gel pen.
- The red patterned paper strip on the side is 2"x11".
- I used dies to cut out the word "FAMILY" but I could have used letter stickers or stamps for this part.
- The banner is made of vellum, silver embossing powder, and blue embroidery floss.
- The flowers are out of my stash (I think I may have bought them at Michaels?).
- I added interest and texture using Washi tape under the banner and across the top of the page.
That is really all there is to this page! It is the perfect layout to use some of your favorite patterned papers and dies.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions then please do leave them for me in the comments.
Happy Paper Crafting,