Welcome to Paper Crafting With Rebecca! I am so happy you stopped into my little blog. Today I am sharing with you some details about a paper crafting hop I was invited to be a part of. It is (as the title of this blog implies) the #TeamTinyCrescentCreationHop2 . This hop was sponsored by Crescent Creation so that means that there is a prize involved if you are following along... see my video for details about the prize and to see the two cards I created in live action...
As I mentioned in the video, Neha (from Crescent Creation), sent me (and the other hop participants) the digital stamps and the little bag of clay bit embellishments we used in our videos. There were so many cute images I ended up with two cards instead of only one (and I still didn't use ALL the images included in this little bundle). It was a fun hop to be a part of and you will want to check out what the other paper crafters created in this hashtag driven hop, too!
So let's look at my cards and pull a few details out you might be interested in should you want to make something similar...
- The card base is made out of white cardstock cut 4.25" x 11" and then scored and folded in the middle to create an A2 card base (4.25" x 5.5").
- The next layer is Kraft cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25".
- Next came the white layer with the glitter glue stenciled on it... it is 3.75" x 5".
- The gingerbread kids are printed on Kraft cardstock and then colored with glitter gel pens.
- As you may have noticed in the video, my white gel pen was running out, so after coloring in the gingerbread kids' eyes with the black gel pen, I added white dots (to bring their eyes to life) by applying white Nuvo drops with a pick tool.
- This red card has many similarities as the white one, except for it has less matting layers.
- The Kraft cardstock base is 8.5" x 5.5", folded in half to create an A2 card base (4.25" x 5.5").
- For the one layer of solid red cardstock I cut it down to 4" x 5.25" and then ran it through my die machine with a stitched die to add interest to the edge of it.
- Again, the coloring was done with gel pens, and her eyes the same as the gingerbread kids above.
- I added a green/white baker's twine to this one for added interest and to pull some green to the top of the card.
This was a really fun hop to be a part of. Now a few tidbits you might be interested in if you don't already know...
- What is "Team Tiny"?
- #TeamTiny is a free and open, hashtag-driven, group of small YouTube channels who focus on paper crafting. Our goal is to provide commercial free content to our viewers as well as supporting each other as content creators as we grow our channels. If you are interested in joining then please go to #TeamTiny on Facebook and ask to join! Just be sure to answer all the questions or the administrators won't look at your request.
- Tell me more about Crescent Creation.
- You can learn more about this women led company at About Crescent Creation
- They also have an online shop at Crescent Creation Store if you are interested. (Note: I am NOT being paid to tell you about them, nor did Neha even ask me to provide this information, I am simply giving you this information in case you want to check out Crescent Creation.)
Ok... I think that is all there is about this fun hop that I can think of to tell you. If you have any questions or comments do leave them for me and I will get back to you ASAP. I appreciate all of you who take the time to watch my videos and/or read my blog. Thank you so much.
Happy Paper Crafting,